Monday, June 21, 2010

The Longest Day of the Year

Believe you me, it has definately flet like the longest day of the year. Sadly, not the nice sunny days will become shorter bit by bit til its dark at 4 in the afternoon. I love the long days of summer, though I think this has been the worst summer yet, but I can still plan for some fun.

I had a better day today. I think that having a few days off to recooperate will do the trick nicely. It will be like a mini vacation that I really needed. I'm planning on crafting a bit because I have a lot to catch up on and not a lot of time to do it. I think that my stressful days (and past weeks) are soon to be calmer. I spent the last few weeks in and out of the dr's office trying to see if the lumps in my boobs were cancerous. Thankfully, they are nothing to be worried over, and I just have to deal with some irritating pain in the area. I was stressed like you would not believe!

I was talking to a gal today about babies and what not. Its funny how some people think they have you pegged for certain things based off your personality or your religion. I hate how people think that you shouldn't have a baby because you can't afford it, or because you're not old enough. How the heck do they know how much money I have or how much I make a year? Seriously...it's none of thier business. For those who wonder, we make about 40k a year (which is what my parents raised 4 of us on) and when I get my raise/promotion we will make close to 60k a year. Personally, I think that is plenty to raise a kid on. It also irritates me that people assume that I will stay home with my kid and raise it just because I am LDS. If I could, I would, but with my new promotion, I would be STUPID to stay home. I'll be making the most money, so If one of us were to stay home, it would be brian and we would still make close to 35k a year from just me. Not that any of this matters because I'm not pregnant, nor have I been lucky enough to be pregnant yet. But Brian and I have thoroughly thought this out and budgeted (thanks to rough estimates from the siblings who already have kids) accordingly for when and if the time comes. I think I am going to make the Pregnancy topic off limits because people can't help but always give their advice and their ideas.

Anyway, tired of people telling me how I should do things and when I should do things.

1 comment:

Toners said...

From experience on both ends of the advice, I find that most people do it out of love and concern rather than belittlement or arrogance.

The advice I was given by my family and friends all came from a place of love and concern for my well-being, and also came from their personal experience.

You do not know how things will go until you're there, and then it's too late to go back and do it differently. I understand the frustration with being told what you don't want to hear, but with my newfound experience I understand where it came from, and why others wanted me to wait and be in a more stable place before having a family.

We all give advice from our own experience, because that is all we know. So although you should never base your decisions solely on the advice of those who've already been there, neither should you base it only on yours, because you haven't yet.

Balance is always best, and don't immediately disregard advice because you don't like it. Weigh it against your own feelings and beliefs and try and understand where that advice comes from.

The ones who love you worry the most about you. That's how it always is.