Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Putting up the Christmas Tree

We finally decided to put up our Christmas tree last night. It was the first night in ages that we have actually had the time to do so. I was rather happy about it...We did a candyland themed tree this year. Mom wouldn't let us use glass ornaments with the boys here, so we had to get all plastic and shatter proof ones. I found some ornaments that look like suckers and candyballs at the Hobby Lobby. I like that store. Its like a Roberts, Joanns, and Michaels all rolled into one, with a touch of the quilted bear in it too. Anyway, I had forgotten how small my 6 foot tree really is and went way overborad on the ornaments. My tree looks like the candy fairy barfed on it. Oh-well. Hopefully next year I will remember to use less ornaments and the like...


My darling husband let me be silly. put tinsel on him and told him i was going to dress him up like a christmas tree, ans so he grabs some of the Christmas tree parts and tells me to put ornaments on him.. He is such a good sport to let me dress him up and take pictures for posterity. he does look rahter goofy...
I had to get some of him putting it together and stuff too. He's way better than I am at stuff like this.
Such pretty lights...


And the finished product! The candy fairies DID barf on my tree...



No comments: