Thursday, December 17, 2009

All the Joys of Being Sick

So, I would have totally thought that Brian and I had the Swine Flu, but we don't. We have Parrot Flu. It's a new strain this year, and it's going around. It is like the flu, but it isn't as bad, and it doesn't last as long. Thank heaven for that, but I feel like death. We have prescription cough medicine and cough pills. I feel bad for Brian. We had to wait at our Doctor's office for what felt like forever, and then he sent us to the hospital so that Brian could get his chest x-rayed. He thought Brian had pneumonia, which thankfully he doesn't. My asthma is making mine about 10 times worse. I get coughing and I can't breathe. It takes me forever to catch my breath. I could barely make it up the stairs at work today to clock in!

Because we are sick, we are having a sick party. We have decided to have a Harry Potter marathon and wacth all 6 movies at night when I get home from work. That has been fun, but we can only watch a half a movie before we are tuckered out and have to go to bed. Brian was lucky and saw the dr and got 5 days off work. i still have to go to work because I don't have a dr's note, and my boss thinks that I can deal, I guess. It is a busy time of year, but I seriously feel like i could die. I'm losing my voice, congested, sneezing, have a runny nose, coughing, and I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. I forgot the sinus pressure and headaches too. I have taken just about every cold medicine and nothing helps. I'm just a few days behind Brian, so tomorrow I'll probably have the lovely 103 degree fever he had yesterday. how exciting for us all.

At least we got our Christmas shopping done early. I feel pretty happy about that.

I feel bad because it is Brians missionary companions reception tomorrow and we obviously can't go anywhere. we are highly contagious, according to the doc, and should stay at home and drink lots of fluids...right...anyway, and I was looking forward to seeing the girls. I haven't got to see them for awhile, and I wanted to hang out for a bit. I'm sure they all think I'm just a flake. They had other plans anyway, so I doubt I would have been able to see them. I hate being sick. it ruins everything.

Well, the sickie must be off to get some rest, so good night and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. I think my nyquil just started working...I'm really tired all of a sudden...

3 comments:

Beckstreet said...

Parrot flue? Weird. That's just crazy. Michelle, why didn't you get a doctor's note so you could miss work?! that' just crazy to drag yorself there when you're that sick. Especially when you have a fever. You need rest or it will take forever for you to get better. I hope you both start feeling better ASAP. No one wants to be sick fro Christmas.

Tony "danger" Morrey said...

I've never heard of the parrot flu... or beccas "parrot flue" is that some sort of a parrot shaped chimney or something?
either way you really should have gone to the doctor. Then you could have time to watch all 6 HP movies... thats what cat and I didnt when we got just the garden variety flu. and I made chicken soup... which incidentally... was not wise.. I always make buckets of it and only eat one or two bowls worth

Tony "danger" Morrey said...

Im up for it. I'll even cook ! :) unless I would be stealing your thunder. I know I like to show off my culinary skills at dinner parties