Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's been awhile

Well, I decided not to take the job in Provo. Brian and I prayed about it and stuff, and we don't feel like now is the time for us to move. At least that far away. Also, a manager in particular (I'm sure you guys can figure out who I am talking about) at the Sam's club there treats me like I don't know anything. He tells me I need to show leadership skills and he is going to ask my team how they like me and how they think I am doing. I don't even work for him, so it is really none of his business. He just makes me so mad. Anyway, I don't want to have to feel like i am going to be in trouble for everything I do or don't do to his standards. He's the kind of guy that would call my district manager if he thought he was right and I was wrong, and I really don't want to deal with that kind of stress being a new manager and all. It's not worth the pay for that. Especially because of all the trouble we have had with Brian's work lately, too.

Brian's aunt and uncle came up from Pheonix this weekend. His Grandma and Grandpa moved here from Pheonix maybe a month and a half ago? something like that. It was actually very nice to meet them. I haven't met many from Brian's side of the family. They live all over the place. :D We're having a BBQ with all of them tomorrow night that should be fun. Bri's grandma just had surgery too this last week. She had her carotid artery scraped out, but I was glad to see that she was feeling better today. We took her some flowers and stuff. I think she liked them. She is very quiet, but i like her a lot.

It has been a long week. So much has gone on all over the place that I feel like I am barely catching up with stuff. I dislike working so far away. By the time I get home i literally have to go to bed so I can get up early the next morning and do it all over again...bleh.

I've got to start cooking a lot this week. When Kim leaves to go to school, I will be cooking for just me and Bri everynight and some nights I don't want to cook cook, you know? I'd rather have something i already made and pop it in the oven from the freezer. Brian used to do that for me when we were on our own, so I imagine he can handle that. ;) It will be nice to make things my way again.

No comments: